Closing your restaurant or bar because of COVID-19 doesn’t mean you can’t be proactive. Take advantage of the extra time now, and prepare your draft systems for your reopening. Get your draft systems in good condition and properly care for your keg wine, so you won’t lose inventory or time when you start pouring again. Here are some suggested best practices:
- Un-tap kegs and store in a temperature controlled space
- Clean valve and cover to protect from dust or bacteria
- Winterize your draft system – drain and clean the lines
- Wipe down the inside of the kegerators and clean up any spills
- Don’t worry about wine spoilage – whether your keg has been
tapped or not, steel kegs keep wine fresh till you can start
Most importantly, we are here for you. With all the uncertainty going on, you shouldn’t have to worry about your establishment losing even more costs because of lack of use or proper storage. We have draft technician partners throughout the country that can help you prepare for closures now, so you can quickly and effortlessly start serving the moment customers come back in. Check out the Regional Directory of draft system installers, equipment, and gas suppliers to find a technician near you. And, of course, if you have questions and need guidance, please reach out below.