WINE PRODUCTION LINE SUPERVISOR
Free Flow Wines (FFW) hires employees who are passionate about what they do, enjoy working hard and thinking outside the ‘bottle’, but also appreciate a work-life balance. FFW created the wine-on-tap industry and continues as the leader in wine canning, keg packaging, logistics, and market development. The Production Line Supervisor is responsible for operating the line, supervising the activities of the kegging staff. The kegging line is where wine is put into kegs that are later distributed to bars and restaurants. This person must be able to work independently while ensuring and enforcing all operational, sanitation, and safety procedures, and practices created by Free Flow Wines. This person will report to the Kegging Line Manager. Our warehouse and offices are COVID-secure.
- Ensure that all kegging runs are completed on time, with no quality defects.
- Manage automated keg line.
- Ensure Quality Control measures are met at start-up and throughout the production run.
- Supervises staff in all activities in accordance with operational policies and procedures, including safe operation of all keg line equipment, pumps, tanks, and forklifts.
- Ensures that all winery sanitation practices, inclusive of but not limited to, general aesthetics, operational, and storage are adhered to.
- Ensures proper equipment use, PPE, maintenance, and storage for all staff on assigned shifts.
- Tracks inventories of all kegging materials and finished goods on a daily basis and reports needs.
- Monitors the preventative maintenance program with Maintenance.
- Tracks and logs all daily line downtime and ensures that information is accurate and complete.
- Reviews data with Manager to drive continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Assists with orientation, training, and skills development of team members consistent with established canning operational and safety procedures.
- Conducts basic packaging QC checks for daily production runs.
- Supports and communicates with all departments influenced by kegging operations, including, but not limited to, Quality Control, Winemaking, Safety, Production, Lab, Warehouse/Logistics, and Maintenance.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of hazardous material and safety procedures (SDS) assuring adherence by staff.
- Understands NetSuite basics: Finalizes all packets daily before being turned into supervisor.
- Ensures forklifts are being checked and checklists are completed daily.
- Follows work orders, helps follow up on task completion.
- Physical Demands: Stands and walks the majority of shifts. Works in the cellar with all wine lab equipment. The moderate use of a computer, daily. The moderate use of stairs and ladders, daily. Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
- Previous experience in a similar position working in a production environment preferred
- Working knowledge of cellar equipment
- Understand sterility and handling of finished wine
- Must be able to speak and write in English and perform basic math
This is an hourly Benefits include Medical, Dental, Paid time off, and Holiday pay available after a short waiting period.
- This is a Non-Exempt hourly position.
- Med, Den., PTO & Holiday pay available after a waiting period.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $24.00 per hour
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.