Title: Logistics Manager
Reports to: Director of Supply Chain
FSLA status: Exempt, Full-Time
FREE FLOW WINES – SAVING THE WORLD ONE KEG AT A TIME
Free Flow Wines is looking for candidates who are passionate about what they do, enjoy working hard and thinking outside the ‘bottle’, but also appreciate a work-life balance. Free Flow created the wine on tap industry, and continues as the leader in keg packaging, logistics and market development. At Free Flow, a diverse, supportive and fun environment is core to our culture and we are looking for employees who share these same values. If you enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic workplace and care about quality, customer success and sustainability, we are looking for you. We believe that by attracting and retaining the best talent, together we can build a category that will make a difference, from the wines that are poured into your glass to saving the world – one keg at a time.
Free Flow Wines is looking for a talented and qualified logistics manager. In this position, you will be responsible for all supply chain management duties, including selecting carriers, researching shipping methods, assessing budgets and performance metrics. A good candidate for this position will be motivated to streamline and optimize Free Flow’s keg fleet utilization, demonstrate the ability to lead a network of Free Flow team members and affiliates to accomplish multiple goals, utilize analytical skills & possess a desire to take on increased roles & responsibilities. This position reports directly to Free Flow’s Director of Logistics.
- Manage return shipping.
- Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
- Select carriers and negotiate contracts and rates.
- Tender freight to direct carriers and logistics partners
- Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries.
- Supervise logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Organize warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
- Respond to any issues or complaints.
- Find and evaluate options for first (last) mile pick up services in major US cities
- Evaluate alternatives for return of empty kegs
- Determine the best combination of fast movement at economic cost
- Work with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
- Evaluate budgets and expenditures.
- Update and evaluate metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
- Ensure all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements.
- Various other tasks as required.
- BA / BS Degree
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- In-depth knowledge of the consumer goods industry
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Solid understanding of logistics and inventory management software
- Comfortable working in a small company atmosphere
- Reliable, honest, professional and energetic
- Previous wine industry experience a plus
- Salary: Depends on experience.
- Medical: 80% Company paid for Employee, 40% Family
- Dental and Vision Plan
- 401k with matching
- Paid Time Off (PTO) 15 days
- Our facilities, both warehouse and offices are COVID-secure.
Please send your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com to apply.