Director of Business Development & Trade
Title: Director of Business Development & Trade
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
FSLA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
FREE FLOW WINES – SAVING THE WORLD ONE KEG AT A TIME
Free Flow Wines (FFW) is looking for candidates who are passionate about what they do, enjoy working hard and thinking outside the ‘bottle’, but also appreciate a work-life balance. FFW created the wine on tap industry and continues as the leader in keg packaging, logistics, and market development. At FFW, a diverse, supportive and fun environment is core to our culture, and we are looking for employees who share these same values. If you enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic workplace and care about quality, customer success, and sustainability, we are looking for you. We believe that by attracting and retaining the best talent, together we can build a category that will make a difference, from the wines that are poured into your glass to saving the world – one keg at a time.
As the Director of Business Development & Trade, you will be the key liaison between all strategic wine-on-tap market activity and the various internal teams at Free Flow Wines (FFW). You will be responsible for growing the wine-on-tap category in partnership with our Distributor, Winery, and Operator partners through education, relationship building, project management, and the development of strategic solutions to support our partners.
This position reports directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
This position has no direct reports.
- Act as the primary liaison between FFW and our Distributor network.
- Understand Free-Flow’s “share of mind” in the context of the wholesaler’s priority list to ensure alignment
- On-board & educate new Distributors on best practices for integrating kegs into their supply chain
- Oversee contract negotiations with new Distributors
- Analyze and reconcile Distributor keg deposit balances
- Facilitate billing issue resolution between Distributors and FFW Finance team
- Develop strategies for improving Keg Deposit management
- Work with Distributors to understand specific market challenges and facilitate solutions
- Work closely with the Supply Chain team to implement new strategies to improve keg asset utilization in core markets
- Develop and build relationships with key contacts at Distributor, Winery, and Equipment partners to grow the wine on tap category
- Establish and implement short & long-term strategies, including setting measurable sales goals, budgets and tracking KPIs through monthly reporting.
- Work with state-level Winery sales teams to create and execute market development plans in key markets
- Directly manage key developing national and regional account opportunities to coordinate the roll-out of new tap installations
- Oversee and track independent account installations
- Manage and attend key Operator & Distributor trade events
- Conduct in-market and webinar training for Winery & Distributor sales, marketing, and operations teams on how to effectively sell and manage kegs
- Facilitate the sale of new draft equipment through FFW’s TAP’D Draft team to support partner tap expansion plans
- Build & expand relationships with key Equipment and Installation partners
- Work with FFW Marketing team to provide trend insights and develop market support materials
- 5+ years of related experience within a Distributor or in trade marketing or relationship management
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A fast starter, self-motivated, and willing to assume additional responsibilities
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Knowledge of contracts, negotiating, and change management
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Open and respectful communicator experienced at building trust and engaging successfully with diverse personal styles
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Ability to facilitate group meetings
- Highly accurate, organized, and detail-oriented, with strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with experience using CRM systems
Travel Expectations: 10 – 30% once markets re-open.
Location: Northern CA, preferred.
These physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and be able to stand for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Events can have a higher level of noise at times.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org