DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & TRADE
Title: Director of Business Development & Trade
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
FSLA status: Exempt, Full-Time
FREE FLOW WINES – SAVING THE WORLD ONE KEG AT A TIME
Free Flow Wines is looking for candidates who are passionate about what they do, enjoy working hard and thinking outside the ‘bottle’, but also appreciate a work-life balance. Free Flow created the wine-on-tap industry and continues as to be the leader in keg packaging, logistics, and market development.
At Free Flow, a diverse, supportive and fun environment is core to our culture and we are looking for employees who share these same values. If you enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic workplace and care about quality, customer success, and sustainability, we are looking for you. We believe that by attracting and retaining the best talent, together we can build a category that will make a difference, from the wines that are poured into your glass to saving the world – one keg at a time.
As the Director of Business Development & Trade, you will be the key liaison between all strategic wine-on-tap market activity and the various internal teams at Free Flow Wines (FFW). You will be responsible for growing the wine-on-tap category in partnership with our Distributor, Winery and Operator partners through education, relationship building, project management and the development of strategic solutions to support our partners.
This position reports directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
This position has no direct reports.
• Act as the primary liaison between FFW and our Distributor network with a focus on relationship management and strategic planning
• Understand Free-Flow’s “share of mind” in context of the wholesaler’s priority list to ensure alignment
• On-board & educate new Distributors on best practices for integrating kegs into their supply chain
• Oversee contract negotiations with new Distributors
• Analyze and reconcile Distributor keg deposit balances
• Facilitate billing issue resolution between Distributors and FFW Finance team
• Develop strategies for improving Keg Deposit management
• Work with Distributors to understand specific market challenges and facilitate solutions
• Work closely with Supply Chain team to implement new strategies to improve keg asset utilization in core markets
• 5+ years of related experience within a Distributor, trade marketing or wholesaler management role
• A Bachelor’s Degree
• Fast starter, self-motivated and willing to assume additional responsibilities
• Desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Knowledge of contracts, negotiating and change management
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Open and respectful communicator experienced at building trust and engaging successfully with diverse personal styles
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
• Ability to facilitate group meetings
• Highly accurate, organized and detail oriented, with strong multi-tasking and time management skills
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with experience using CRM systems
Experience Requirements:Experience Requirements:
- Travel Expectations: 10 – 30%
- Location: Northern CA, preferred
- Send resume to email@example.com